switch onphrasal verb
switched on; switching on; switches on
Definition of switch on
: to turn on (something) by turning or pushing a button or moving a switch, lever, etc. I switched on the TV. She switched the light on.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game