sweat offphrasal verb
sweat off or sweated off; sweating off; sweats off
Definition of sweat off
: to lose (an amount of weight) by sweating (especially by exercising a lot) He's trying to sweat off a few more pounds.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game