Definition of swansdown
1 : the soft downy feathers of the swan often used as trimming on articles of dress
2 : a heavy cotton flannel that has a thick nap on the face and is made with sateen weave
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game