Definition of swamp bay
1 : a low and often shrubby tree (Persea pubescens) of the southeastern U.S. with pale green lanceolate leaves and pale creamy yellow flowers followed by blackish drupes
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Looking at ‘Bothsidesing’
- On ‘Infringe,’ ‘Encroach,’ and ‘Impinge’
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/20/19
- A Note on the Nonbinary 'They'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?