Definition of swamp azalea
: a common azalea (Rhododendron viscosum) growing in swamps throughout the eastern U.S. and having fragrant white flowers with a clammy corolla
— called also clammy azalea, swamp honeysuckle, white honeysuckle
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game