Definition of superplayer
: an extremely or extraordinarily talented, skillful, or successful player … the myth of [Mickey] Mantle as the superplayer really began the following spring, in 1951, when the Yankees brought him up to train with the big club.— David Halberstam a nuclear/financial superplayer
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?