Definition of multiplayer
: involving or intended for more than one player a multiplayer trade/deal in baseball a card game with solitaire and multiplayer rules often : involving or allowing simultaneous play by more than one player through a shared interface Since the multiplayer game World of Warcraft debuted in 2004, gamers have spent more than 50 billion hours guiding their role-playing avatars through its mythical virtual worlds. — Discover While both are meant for multiplayer combat, the AI in single-player mode can provide you with dangerously smart foes. — Newsweek Buy if: you want fast-paced multiplayer fun that's tense as heck. — Jimmy Donnellan
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/24/19
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Challenging Vocabulary Quiz Returns! Take the quiz
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game