Definition of superpersonal
1 : of, relating to, or being a person's most private and intimate concerns : extremely personal didn't want him sharing any superpersonal information He's in the middle of opening up about something superpersonal. Rushing off the phone or flitting over to the next conversation could crush his ego …— Lisa Lombardi
2 : transcending the personal To blame some impersonal force, like "sin," for the faults of the world and to expect some superpersonal force, like God, to remedy those faults is to remain passive or even resistant to what we can learn from philosophy and science …— Max L. Stackhouse
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game