Definition of superheavy
: extremely heavy superheavy furniture superheavy traffic a superheavy discussion with his mother especially, chemistry : relating to or being a chemical element with a greater atomic mass than that of uranium The existence of superheavy elements, those with many more protons than uranium (proton number 92), was predicted more than 40 years ago. — Georg Bollen
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?