Definition of superheavy
: extremely heavy superheavy furniture superheavy traffic a superheavy discussion with his mother especially, chemistry : relating to or being a chemical element with a greater atomic mass than that of uranium The existence of superheavy elements, those with many more protons than uranium (proton number 92), was predicted more than 40 years ago. — Georg Bollen
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?