Definition of superficiary
(Entry 1 of 2)
su·per·fi·ci·ary | \ -ˈfishēˌerē \
Definition of superficiary (Entry 2 of 2)
Roman & civil law
: one who has built on the soil of another usually by agreement with him for an annual rental
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game