Definition of supereminent
: extremely eminent, distinguished, or prominent … supereminent attainments in science, in art, in literary composition …— William Smith O'Brien "… We beseech you, supereminent Sir, condescend to visit our habitations, and partake of our cheer."— Herman Melville "La! Mr. Todd, look at this beautiful etching of a baronial abode, with four supereminent towers!"— John Galt
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game