Definition of superbad
: extremely good or impressive especially in a tough or showy way The entire staff was uniformed. The men wore tuxedos. The women wore coats with tails and fishnet pantyhose. We looked superbad …— Drew T. Brown III Some people think that she can't sing, but I'm here to tell you that no one can sing like Janet. Janet is superbad.— Terry Lewis Tamara Dobson … took the style scene by storm as movie heroine Cleopatra Jones in the seventies. Dobson's look was superbad glam. — Essence It chronologically traces Brown's evolution from a poor … R&B singer from Georgia to the absolutely original, superbad superstar.— David Hiltbrand … charging out of the wings with that bandylegged strut, looking very much his superbad old self in a gray three-piece suit and red silk tie …— Gerri Hirshey
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game