Definition of sun bear
: a small forest-dwelling bear (Ursus malayanus synonym Helarctos malayanus) of southeastern Asia that has short glossy black fur with a lighter muzzle and often an orange or white breast mark
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game