Definition of suling
: any of various side-blown or end-blown bamboo flutes of Southeast Asia Often the kecapi and suling play the same melody, though the suling dominates.— R. Anderson Sutton, Calling Back the Spirit, 2002
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?