suffer fools gladlyidiom
Definition of suffer fools gladly
: to be kind to and patient with people who are annoying or bothersome —usually used in negative statements My mother was a woman who did not suffer fools gladly.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game