Definition of such as
1 —used to introduce an example or series of examples You will need some form of identification, such as a driver's license."I have my reasons for not wanting to go." "Such as?"
2 : of the specified kind In cases such as this (one), it's best to be cautious. Questions such as the one you've asked are difficult to answer.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?