variants: or sub-visual
Definition of subvisual
: not visible without the aid of special instruments : subvisible … once you have seen the subvisual world through the microscope, you stop inventing demons and magic as the agents of change.— Dava Sobel Auroras have a wide range of brightness, usually rated from 0 to 4 on a logarithmic scale … in which each number is 10 times brighter than the previous one. Zero means subvisual, detected only with instruments.— Robert H Eather
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/24/19
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Challenging Vocabulary Quiz Returns! Take the quiz
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game