sub·tu·ber·ant | \ ¦səb¦t(y)üb(ə)rənt\
Definition of subtuberant
: of, relating to, or being a mountain supposedly formed by the lifting action of underlying intrusive igneous rock
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?