variants: or sub-series
plural subseries or sub-series
Definition of subseries
: a series that is part of a larger series … a full relaunch of the flagship series, including a subseries devoted entirely to Kevin Keller, the first openly gay character written for the comics. — The Georgetown Voice The best way to think of Trails is as a collection of three sub-series. Each of these sub-series is set in a different country, and there are plenty of references and character crossovers, but you can play each one on its own.— Jason Schreier
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?