variants: or sub-scale
plural subscales or sub-scales
Definition of subscale
: a scale used to obtain a rating or measurement that contributes to a rating or measurement on a larger scale The overall score on this scale is the sum of scores on the four subscales. The 90 symptoms form nine subscales and three measures of overall distress.— Marjorie Chary Feinson
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game