variants: or sub-faculty
plural subfaculties or sub-faculties
Definition of subfaculty
: a subdivision of a faculty … the various faculties and subfaculties into which the university was, and is, divided: the faculties of letters, social sciences, law, mathematics and natural sciences, medicine, and so forth; and the subfaculties within these faculties, such as political science and sociology in the social sciences, and the subfaculty of history in the faculty of letters.— Arend Lijphart
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game