\ ˈsəb+ˌ- \
Definition of sub-bass
2 : a range of low frequencies extending from approximately the lower limit of the bass voice to the lower limit of human hearing also : sound in this frequency range The music wasn’t audible through the din, but she felt the sub-bass throbbing through the floor.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 12/6/19
- Getting with the ‘Program’ (or ‘Programme’)
- Why Do We Say Teams Get a 'Bye'?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/29/19
Ask the Editors
- Semantic Drift Quiz Take the quiz
- A Thanksgiving Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game