string upphrasal verb
strung up; stringing up; strings up
Definition of string up
: to hang (someone) by the neck : to kill (someone) by hanging They threatened to string him up in a tree.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game