Definition of string trio
1 : a musical composition typically in several movements for two violins and cello also : such a composition for violin, viola, and cello
2 : an ensemble consisting of two violinists and a cellist also : an ensemble consisting of a violinist, a violist, and a cellist
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game