Definition of strangler fig
: any of several figs (such as Ficus aurea of the southeastern U.S.) that start as epiphytes but send down roots to the ground around the host tree broadly : any of various epiphytic vines or trees (such as Clusia rosea synonym C. major) of similar habit
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game