Definition of straight-run
1 : involving or produced in the course of petroleum refining by fractionation essentially without cracking or other pyrolytic change straight-run distillation straight-run gasoline
2 of chicks : sold as hatched specifically : not sexed
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game