stop offphrasal verb
stopped off; stopping off; stops off
Definition of stop off
: to go or stay somewhere briefly while traveling to another place I'll stop off (at the store) to pick up some milk. She is stopping off in Miami to visit a friend.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game