Definition of stir oneself
: to begin taking some action He finally stirred himself and started making dinner. He stirred himself to action. —often followed by to+ verb He finally stirred himself to write her a letter.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game