ster·hydraulic | \ ¦ster+\
Definition of sterhydraulic
: relating to or being a hydraulic press producing pressure or motion by the introduction of a solid substance (such as a screw, a rod, or a rope wound on a roller) into a cylinder previously filled with a liquid : resembling such a press in action or principle
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game