stem fromphrasal verb
stemmed from; stemming from; stems from
Definition of stem from
: to be caused by (something or someone) : to come from (something or someone) Most of her health problems stem from an accident she had when she was younger. His love of the outdoors stems from his father.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?