Definition of steep-to
: precipitous especially : sloping almost perpendicularly downward —used especially of a shore or shoal the north side of the cape is steep-to — U.S. Coast Pilot: West Indies found steep-to banks inside against which the ships would have to lie — S. E. Morison
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?