Definition of steady on
—used to tell someone to be calmer, to stop thinking or saying foolish or unreasonable things, etc. "Everything's going wrong!" "Steady on, now. It's not as bad as that."
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game