stay upphrasal verb
stayed up; staying up; stays up
Definition of stay up
: to continue to be awake past the time when one usually goes to bed Don't stay up past your bedtime. She stayed up to watch the late movie.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game