stare at (someone)phrasal verb
stared at (someone); staring at (someone); stares at (someone)
Definition of stare at (someone)
: to look steadily at (someone) We just sat and stared at each other. —often used figuratively for something that should be apparent The solution was staring right at me but I didn't see it.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game