stare (someone) in the eye(s)idiom
Definition of stare (someone) in the eye(s)
: to look directly into the eyes of (someone) She stared me in the eye and told me to leave. —sometimes used figuratively They stared death in the eye and didn't flinch.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game