Definition of star-nosed mole
: a common black long-tailed semiaquatic mole (Condylura cristata) of the northeastern U.S. and adjacent Canada that has a series of pink fleshy projections surrounding the nostrils
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game