stand on ceremonyidiom
Definition of stand on ceremony
: to insist on doing the things that are usual or expected in polite or formal behavior —usually used in negative statements He doesn't stand on ceremony, he gets the job done.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game