stand on ceremonyidiom
Definition of stand on ceremony
: to insist on doing the things that are usual or expected in polite or formal behavior —usually used in negative statements He doesn't stand on ceremony, he gets the job done.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game