stand a chance ofidiom
Definition of stand a chance of
: to have a possibility of (succeeding or winning) The team stands a chance of doing well this year. I think she stands a good chance of winning the election. —often used in negative statements She stands no chance of winning.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game