plural spray tans
Definition of spray tan
: a simulated suntan produced by darkening the skin with a sprayed-on chemical preparation There's no doubt that, when choosing between a spray tan and actual tanning, the former is a much safer way to achieve a summer glow.— Zoë Weiner Someone gave me a gift certificate for a spray tan a few years ago. It left me golden brown with a just a hint of orange, but had an unpleasant odor to it.— Lori Borgman also : the chemical preparation used to produce a spray tan Pantyhose are making a comeback! … We might have Kate Middleton to thank for that, or women could have just gotten really tired of applying spray tan to their legs during winter. — Jennifer Wright
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game