Definition of spot anthracnose
: any of several plant diseases characterized by light-colored spots with tissue overgrowth forming a raised border specifically : such a disease caused by fungi of the genus Sphaceloma or its perfect stage Elsinoë
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?