Definition of splodge
(Entry 1 of 2)
: splotch rook dropped a splodge— Enid Bagnold thin green splodge of slime— Stephen Spender
Definition of splodge (Entry 2 of 2)
chiefly British : splotch newsboys … trying to sell a few fresh-splodged violet words … that told us nothing at all— H. E. Bates
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game