splash outphrasal verb
splashed out; splashing out; splashes out
Definition of splash out
: to spend a lot of money If you really want to splash out, let's go to dinner and a show in town. We can't afford to splash out that much money for luxuries.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game