spend the nightidiom
Definition of spend the night
1 : to sleep for the night at a place After the party she was too drunk to drive so she spent the night. —often + at They spent the night at her brother's.
2 : to stay with someone overnight and have sex with that person —+ with She spent the night with her boyfriend.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game