Definition of spectator sport
1 : a sport (such as football, baseball, ice hockey, etc.) that many people watch
2 : something that people watch other people do without becoming involved themselves For many, politics has become a spectator sport.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game