: in a specific manner : in a definite and exact way : with precision
- instructed them specifically on how to proceed
- the people specifically named in the report
- The reasons for the change were not specifically mentioned.
- I specifically told her not to bother you.
- Knead the bread dough for several minutes, or, more specifically, until it forms a smooth ball.
—used to indicate the exact identity, purpose, or use of something
- The show is aimed specifically at a female audience.
- Specifically, the stores are lowering the height of store shelving, changing out signs, repainting some areas and … putting products next to each other that customers typically buy together.
- —Jill Rick