Definition of special pleader
1 : a counsel who formerly devoted himself to drawing special counts and pleas
2a : a lawyer whose occupation is to draw pleadings, give opinions on matters submitted to him, and prepare the papers in various proceedings out of the usual course
b British : a public officer, notary, barrister or solicitor occupied by such activities
3 : one advocating a specific proposal (such as a law) because of self-interest or on other bases than independent disinterested impartial judgment
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?