Definition of special plea
: a plea (as of infancy, statute of limitations or of frauds, discharge in bankruptcy or release) alleging new and affirmative matter as a defense without denying any allegations of the opponent : a plea in bar or in avoidance of what opponent alleges
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game