Definition of sowbread
: a common wild cyclamen (Cyclamen europeaum) of central Europe having leaves that are dark green spotted with white above and carmine or white flowers : a related European herb (Cyclamen neapolitanum) often cultivated for its showy rose or white flowers
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?