sour onphrasal verb
soured on; souring on; sours on
Definition of sour on
1 informal : having a bad opinion of (something) She was sour on politics in general.
2 US : to stop liking or being interested in (something) or to cause (someone) to stop liking or being interested in (something) Investors have soured on (buying) the company's stock. Many fans have soured on the team after years of their losing. The disappointing result of the election soured her on politics.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- Rapping on 'Bad Rap' and 'Bad Rep' (and 'Bad Wrap')
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game