someone's money's worthidiom
Definition of someone's money's worth
: as much as a person deserves because of the money he or she paid or the effort he or she made His new movie gives his fans their money's worth. He insisted on staying until the end of the show so that he could get his money's worth.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/15/19
- 'Cliché': We’ve Heard It All Before
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
Ask the Editors
- Pass the Little Ribbons: A Pasta Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game